WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Head of households must be 62 years of age or older (elderly) or
- Persons with disabilities (elderly or non-elderly) who require the design-accessible features of an accessible unit.
Waiting List Administration:
- If there is no suitable unit immediately available, applicants will be placed on the appropriate waiting list. Positions on any waiting list will be in chronological order of applicant (date and time), and by the preference group.
- When a suitable unit is forecast to be available, the applicant at the top of the list will be offered that unit. If the applicant turns down the unit offered, they will remain at the top of the list until the next unit is offered. Only one such turn-down will be permitted, after which the applicant will go to the bottom of the list.
- In the case a unit becomes available with little or no notice, and the applicant at the top of the list is not prepared, such a turn down will not count.
This project will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age or handicap and will comply with all Federal, State and local fair housing and civil rights laws and with all equal opportunity requirements set forth in HUD’s administrative procedures.
Occupancy is primarily intended for persons of the above categories whose annual income does not exceed the limit that is established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These figures are subject to periodic adjustment and are available at the office of Whitefish Manor.